12.2.10

tomato soup, grilled cheese, and a winter day.

Best cure for any snowy winter day? I'd say it's the classic grilled cheese sandwich with a side of tomato soup. I don't like to grill my sandwiches persay. I acutally bake them. But their just as good if not better and you know exactly how much butter your putting on each sandwich. And, for someone who is watching/not really watching her weight, it's good to see those things.

***********alittlesidenote*******************************************************
Just to let a few of you in on a secret. I just recently gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Following that, it's been next to impossible to keep my formerly nonexistant sweet tooth at bay. I used to be able to walk into walmart without even taking a second look at the food section. Now I find myself checking out the cakes at every visit and not leaving before I've bought one no two candy bars that will be added to endless supply of food storing itself in my hips for the winter. ARRGGG it's maddening. The sad thing is I don't know what to do about it. I throw myself in my crafts, as you all have seen over the past few days. But I still nibble. I think it's a triumph if I can eat ONE fattening thing a day. I used to only treat myself once a week. Now I'm treating myself every day.
I guess I'm going to have to let this phase pass. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I'm breastfeeding. After all, for the past nine months, my taste buds weren't my own. Why should I expect any differently now. She's still using me as a food machine (i.e. milk mama), so why wouldn't she want a little sugar in her tea.
***********************************************sidenoteended*************************
I also like eating tuna fish sandwiches with tomato soup. In fact, tomato soup goes well with most things in a cold day including the one you love.
take that as you will :)

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir